The following text section is based on the article "Daniele Ganser" from Pluspedia, read on 16. July 18, and is licensed under Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 3.0. In the Pluspedia a list of authors is available on this page. Text adjustments and changes are possible.
Daniele Ganser(born August 29, 1972 in Lugano) is a Swiss historian, energy and peace researcher. He has two children and lives with his family near Basel 
Ganser heads the Swiss Institute for Peace and Energy Research (SIPER). With his dissertation " NATO's secret armies. Operation Gladio and terrorism in Western Europe" he received his doctorate and became known to a wider public. Daniele Ganser takes a critical and open look at alternative depictions of the terror attacks on 11. September 2001.
Therefore the Wikipedia and the German online hate site Psiram try to portray Daniele Ganser as a so-called conspiracy theorist and to discredit him in this way. His Wikipedia page has become one of the most controversial sites in the German speaking countries, blocking all attempts to introduce fair and objective texts.
Daniele Ganser studied Ancient and New History, Philosophy and English Studies at the University of Basel, the Universiteit van Amsterdam and the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) with a focus on international relations.  After graduating from the Faculty of Philosophy and History at the University of Basel in 1998 ) with a work on the role of the United Nations during the Cuban Crisis 1962, he did research there and at the LSE, where his project was accompanied by Jussi Hanhimäki. 2000/01 he was awarded a PhD by Georg Kreis at the Historisches Seminar Basel with his dissertation Operation Gladio in Western Europe and the United States (German: NATO-Geheimarmeen und inszenierter Terrorismus in Europa im Kalten Krieg). 
From 2001 to 2003, Ganser was initially Senior Researcher at the Zurich-based think tank "Avenir Suisse", responsible for international relations and policy analysis. He led Avenir Suisse's campaign for Switzerland's popular initiative to join the UN. From 2003 to 2006, Ganser was a Senior Researcher at the Research Center for Security Studies (CSS) of ETH Zurich and conducted research on the relationship between globalization and human rights in cooperation with the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. At times he was also a member of the advisory board of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs for civil peace-building and human rights. In the period from 2007 to 2010, Ganser was head of the research project "Peak Oil" at the Historical Department of the University of Basel, which dealt with the struggle for oil and the security of supply in Switzerland. His main areas of research were "International Contemporary History since 1945", "Concealed Warfare and Geo-strategy", "Secret Services and Special Forces", "Peak Oil and Resource Wars" and "Economy and Human Rights".
His book "NATO's secret armies. " has been translated into 10 languages. His book "Europe in the Oil Rush" was published in September 2012 and describes the global battle for oil. His latest book "Illegal Wars" was published in October 2016 and shows how the NATO states sabotage the UN and disregard the war ban. The TOP-20 of his lectures and interviews have more than 7 million views on YouTube.
In June 2011, Ganser was one of the two founders of SIPER Swiss Institute for Peace and Energy Research Aktiengesellschaft (Schweiz)|AG in Basel, which he heads as a board member.  SIPER deals with state terrorism and war propaganda, according to its own statements, the vision being a completely renewable energy supply and non-violent conflict solutions. In the context of his peace research at the SIPER Institute, Ganser repeatedly criticises illegal wars of aggression, as they have been fought repeatedly by NATO, the USA, Russia and other states. In doing so, he refers to the clear prohibition of violence agreed upon by the states of the UN.
Daniele Ganser's Internet publications, books and lectures are gaining increasing support for this position from a very broad audience. In his lectures he contrasts the warlike aggression that violates international law with the idea of a "human family" and tries to convey greater awareness as a means against the omnipresent manipulation of our thoughts and feelings by the mass media.
Ganser's theses meet with some criticism. His corresponding article on Wikipedia is extremly controversial, even the discussion page was temporarily blocked there.  In connection with planned lectures in Germany there were protests against Ganser,  which was also viewed critically by the media.
The association “Mensa in Deutschland” awarded Ganser 2015 the German IQ Prize in the category "Intelligent communication of knowledge" for the fact that Ganser "through his critical and sometimes controversial publications stimulates the general public to question the world around him.». 
Daniele Ganser was assigned the “Mind Award for consciousness, education and research and art” in 2018/19, awarded on March 26th 2019 in the town hall of Montabaur as part of an assembly for peace.
- Reckless Gamble: The Sabotage of the United Nations in the Cuban Conflict and the Missile Crisis of 1962. University Press of the South, New Orleans 2000, ISBN 1-889431-72-9.
- deutsch: Die Kubakrise – UNO ohne Chance. Edition Zeitgeschichte. Kai Homilius Verlag, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-89706-863-X.
- mit Uwe Wagschal, Hans Rentsch: Der Alleingang: Die Schweiz 10 Jahre nach dem EWR-Nein. Orell Füssli, Zürich 2002, ISBN 3-280-05041-3.
- Brauchen wir eine Ökonomie des Friedens? Eine Schweizer Perspektive auf die Verbindung der Wirtschaft mit Gewaltkonflikten. In: Die Friedens-Warte 79 (2004), S. 57–74.
- NATO's secret armies. Operation Gladio and terrorism in Western Europe. Routledge, 2005, ISBN 0-7146-5607-0.
- deutsch: NATO-Geheimarmeen in Europa: Inszenierter Terror und verdeckte Kriegsführung. Orell Füssli, Zürich 2008, ISBN 978-3-280-06106-0 (teilweise Diss. Univ. Basel 2001, 445 Seiten).
- The "Strategy of Tension" in the Cold War Period. In: David Ray Griffin, Peter Dale Scott (Hrsg.): 9/11 and American Empire. Intellectuals Speak Out, Band 1. Olive Branch Press, Ithaca NY 2006, S. 79–99.
- The CIA in Western Europe and the Abuse of Human Rights. In: R. Gerald Hughes, Len Scott (Hrsg.): Intelligence, Crises and Security: Prospects and Retrospects. Routledge, 2007, ISBN 0-415-46430-7, S. 108–129.
- Die dunkle Seite des Westens: Verdeckte Terroraktivitäten der NATO. Kai Homilius, Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-89706-206-1 (Video-DVD, 60 Minuten).
- Beyond Democratic Checks and Balances: The «Propaganda Due» Masonic Lodge and the CIA in Italy's First Republic. In: Eric Wilson (Hrsg.): Government of the Shadows: Parapolitics and Criminal Sovereignty. Pluto Press, 2009, ISBN 0-7453-2623-4, S. 256–276.
- Peak Oil: Erdöl im Spannungsfeld von Krieg und Frieden. In: Phillip Rudolf von Rohr, Peter Walde, Bertram Battlog (Hrsg.): Energie. vdf Hochschulverlag an der ETH Zürich, Zürich 2009, ISBN 978-3-7281-3219-2
- NATO’s Secret Armies in Europe. In: Cihan Aksan, Jon Bailes (Hrsg.): Weapon of the Strong. Conversations on US State Terrorism. Pluto Press, London 2012, ISBN 0-7453-3241-2, S. 219–233.
- “America is Addicted to Oil”: U.S.Secret Warfare and Dwindling Oil Reserves in the Context of Peak Oil and 9/11. In: Eric Wilson (Hrsg.): The Dual State: Parapolitics, Carl Schmitt and the National Security Complex.Ashgate, 2012, ISBN 978-1-4094-3107-7 (4. Kapitel).
- Europa im Erdölrausch: Die Folgen einer gefährlichen Abhängigkeit. Orell Füssli, Zürich 2012, ISBN 978-3-280-05474-1.
- Illegale Kriege: Wie die NATO-Länder die UNO sabotieren. Eine Chronik von Kuba bis Syrien. 2. Auflage, Orell Füssli, Zürich 2016, ISBN 978-3-280-05631-8 (eingeschränkte Vorschau)
- Kriegsverbrecher auf freiem Fuß. In: Ullrich Mies, Jens Wernicke: Fassadendemokratie und Tiefer Staat - Auf dem Weg in ein autoritäres Zeitalter. Promedia Verlag, Wien 2017, ISBN 978-3-85371-425-6.
- Biography on the website of SIPER AG
- University: Licentiates Phil. I. In: Basler Zeitung, Issue 34, February 10, 1998, S. 31.
- Daniele Ganser: NATO secret armies in Europe. 2nd edition, Zurich 2008, p. 9 f. (Preface by Georg Kreis)
- Olav Riste: '
- https://bs.chregister.ch/cr-portal/auszug/auszug.xhtml?uid=CHE-360.989.239, Commercial Register of the Canton of Basel-Stadt. Entry CHE-360.989.239 of 6 June 2011, Access=2017-10-11, Company purpose (according to HRA):
- Bericht auf Wikinews on 12.02.2016
- Mensa in Deutschland e.V.: Der IQ-Preis 2015 geht an…, read on 20. April 2016.